By exploring job vacancies (OJVs) as a promising source of labour market information, Cedefop intends to set up a pan-European system for collecting real-time labour market intelligence. Assessing the availability and accessibility of information on the landscape of job-portals and the use of online job-vacancies in 28 EU Member States (“Landscaping exercise”) constitutes an important first step in the exercise. The Expert Workshop brings together International Country Experts (ICEs) who have been collecting information on the OJV landscape in their countries. It serves as a framework for discussing the comparative analyses of the first results of this work and investigating the implications of the findings for the following data collection and analysis.
The Expert Workshop seeks to deepen the insights of the Landscaping Activity by:
- Reflecting on the Landscaping Activity and its challenges with the ICEs and Cedefop representatives;
- Understanding the function of online job-portals in different countries;
- Identifying the critical aspects and the possible gaps in individual or group of countries;
- Establishing a common approach for finalising the Country Reports;
- Exploring the role of EURES and global job-portals in relation to national and international job portals.