The objective of the consultation is to collect the views of stakeholders on the problems faced by learners and workers with regard to the transparency and recognition of their skills and qualifications when moving within and between EU Member States, on the adequacy of the related European policies and instruments and on the potential benefits of developing a 'European area of skills and qualifications'.
The consultation addresses in particular the following issues:
- How to place a stronger focus on higher and more relevant skills?
- Further strengthening links between education/training, mobility and the labour market
- Adapting to internationalisation trends
- Ensuring overall coherence of tools and policies and further implementing the learning outcomes approach
- Ensuring clarity of rules and procedures for the recognition of skills and qualifications for further learning
- Increasing the focus on quality assurance
- Providing learners and workers with a single access point to obtain information and services supporting a European area of skills and qualifications
The consultation was open until 15 April 2014.