The first issue of Cedefop’s new magazine is available to read and download. Skillset and Match aims to promote vocational education and training in the context of European initiatives taken by the Commission, Member States and social partners through Cedefop’s work programme.
Packed with exclusive interviews, guest messages, features, news from Member States and information on new publications, the magazine aspires to reach a wide spectrum of people, from policy-makers in the public and private sectors to employers, employee representatives, teachers, students and parents.
Highlights of the first issue:
- Commissioner Androulla Vassiliou argues that investment in education and training is key to exit the economic crisis;
- Commissioner László Andor stresses that Europe is emerging from a long recession with serious asymmetries which result in increases of outward migration from countries like Spain, Italy, Portugal or Greece;
- Cedefop Deputy Director Christian Lettmayr says that vocational education and training deserves to be on ‘parity of esteem’ with general education;
- feature on Greek EU Presidency – Working together to prevent skills mismatch and NEETs;
- the Italian way – Using vocational training to boost employability.