In total 100 teams consisting of 304 VET learners and 81 teachers/trainers took part, representing 78 learning providers from 18 EU Member States. The teams were asked to tell a story of their VET experience.
The winners from Italy (‘This is me’ team, from the Institute of Higher Education Einstein Nebbia, Loreto) and Hungary (C.Force team from the CSZC Bem József Technical Secondary and Vocational School) have been nominated for the top award at the third European vocational skills week (#EUVocationalSkills) in Vienna (5-9 November).
An online voting process will be organised by the European Commission in October to decide who gets the top spot. Details of the voting will be published shortly.
The third prize, a trip to Thessaloniki for the opening of the 59th Thessaloniki International Film Festival (#TIFF59) on 1 November, went to the F-56 photography team, a group of learners at the Vilnius Vocational Training Centre for Business Service Specialists in Lithuania.
The winning and runner-up entries will be exhibited in Thessaloniki from 1 to 30 November in the context of the Thessaloniki International Film Festival and in Vienna during the European vocational skills week (7-9 November).
‘This is me’ – The greatest show (‘This is me’ team)
Chiara Savino, Alberto Valetta and Erika Paciaroni were inspired by an event organised on board of a ship. Their story goes:
- It’ll be amazing! It’s to promote the Erasmus+ projects of our school. Will you join?
- Me? I cannot do anything, I am not like you.
- What do you mean? Everybody has a talent; we just have to activate it. It’s our differences that make us unique. You can dance, sing, fly, prepare cocktails. We want to stand out and we’ll shout proudly THIS IS ME!
- Ok then.
- So, how was it?
- Awesome! You were right! I learned to dream... and I will never stop.
The power of desire to create (C.Force team)
Anita Kitti Ungvári and András Muresan told the story of a girl studying to become a tailor who saw a beautiful dress and decided to make it for herself. The pictures show the stages of dress-making. First she designs the dress, then chooses the material; sews the dress, and presents the finished article.
Capturing landscape and light (F-56 photography team)
Tim Kliukoit, Evelina Burštein, Raminta Levandraitytė-Matulevičienė and Eglė Mekuškienė are a team of adults who met at school, hoping to become professional photographers. They said: ‘Studying alongside 18-year-olds, we are just as motivated as them (perhaps even more), because lifelong learning for us is a deliberate, voluntary act. Last May we spent a week in a magical, picturesque corner of nature with almost no sleep and at least 40 km of cycling each day, trying to capture the light moving over the sandy dunes of Neringa (Curonian Spit). Our story depicts our team travel, practical study experience and nature exploration by mixing both digital and film photography.’
The runners-up list is made up of the following teams:
- The Roman Feast from Ekonomska i turistička škola Daruvar (Croatia)
- Beauticians Team from 2nd Vocational Apprenticeship School of Thessaloniki OAED (Greece)
- Die flotten Karotten from Caritas Bildungszentrum Nord, Fachschule für Sozialberufe, Rottenmann (Austria)
- LCFE Team 1 from Limerick College of Further Education (Ireland)
- Mecabosco de Albacete from IES Don Bosco (Albacete) (Spain)
- Esztergálás a Dériben from Szegedi Szakképzési Centrum Déri Miksa Szakgimnáziuma és Szakközépiskolája (Hungary)
- Erasmus+Job Vacancy For Vocational Skills Nutrition and Gastronomy Services Technicians from Technical School of Hotel Management and Catering Industry (Poland)
- POPcorn from Szegedi Szakképzési Centrum Kossuth Zsuzsanna Szakképző Iskolája (Hungary)
- Neretva from Srednja poljoprivredna i tehnička škola Opuzen (Croatia)
- Colour Dolls from 2nd Vocational Apprenticeship School of Thessaloniki OAED (Greece)
- Larisa IEK Dimitra from IEK Dimitra (Greece)
- Technician of digital graphic processes from Zespół Szkół Chemicznych Im. Ignacego Łukasiewicza w Bydgoszczy (Poland)
- Gabriel Miró from IES Gabriel Miró (Spain)
- CRO-PHOTO-IOS-SB from Industrijsko-obrtnička škola Slavonski Brod (Croatia)
- Dreamers from Economic College Virgil Madgearu (Romania)
- Outdoor Ladies Ireland from Cavan & Monaghan Educational Training Board/ Tanagh Outdoor Education & Training Centre (Ireland)
- The Beauty and the pain from Kuresssaare Regional Training Centre/design department (Estonia)