The Council has adopted conclusions on responding to demographic challenges through enhanced participation by all in the labour market and society.
The key priorities areas are:
- investing in education and training to foster youth employment;
- developing gender equality policies;
- combating the intergenerational transmission of poverty and social exclusion;
- increasing the labour market participation of older persons;
- promoting equal opportunity measures supporting better conditions for families and child raising;
- developing non discrimination policies;
- and promoting the effective use of available budget and financing instruments in order to ensure the greatest value for money.