The first application round to participate in study visits for educational and vocational specialists between is closing at 12 noon Central European Time on 30 March 2012. Eligible specialists can apply for the study visits that will take place between September 2012 and February 2013.
130 study visits will take place in 30 European countries and will cover a number of topics of common interest to those responsible for educational and vocational training policies at local, regional and national levels as well as to providers of education and vocational training and the social partners.
The visits will explore themes such as
- the transition from education and training to the world of work;
- cooperation of educational and training institutions with their communities and the labour market;
- ensuring equal opportunities for disadvantaged groups;
- quality assurance mechanisms in schools and training institutions;
- the continuing professional development of teachers’ and trainers’.
By allowing specialists to learn together, exchange good practices and forge stronger European links, each visit helps improve education and training policy and practice at local, regional, national and European levels.
The effects of study visits are long lasting, and their impact is considerable.
Interested candidates should consult national agencies in their countries and submit their applications online at the study visits website by 12 noon Central European Time on 30 March 2012.