Workshop rationale and objectives
The workshop will provide an opportunity to bring together the research team and the group of individual country experts, together with Cedefop staff, to:
- Outline the programme of work under the current Framework Contract;
- Validate the final results of the updated projections;
- Discuss inputs for the two sensitivities that will accompany the baseline projections;
- Discuss progress on the methodology to develop a more detailed disaggregation of occupations and the new rules of the EUROSTAT microdata dissemination, and how they are intended to improve or affect the existing approach;
- Present Eurofound’s research on the Future of Manufacturing in Europe, looking at the impact on employment skills of alternative future scenarios;
- Discuss alternative ways of presenting the results via the Skills Panorama;
- Discuss how to extend and improve the dissemination of and engagement with the outputs of the research.
Workshop structure and methods of working
The workshop will be organised as a series of presentations and discussions. Background notes will be circulated in advance. These will be prepared by team members so that participants are informed on the key issues to be debated. The aim of the sessions is to develop a focussed dialogue with individual country experts. For the structured group discussions, each country expert will be allocated to a country group. In each country group, the discussions will be facilitated by a member of the research team and a Country Group Expert (CGE). The CGE will synthesise the country group discussion and report back to the complete workshop group.