Cedefop organised an international seminar on skills anticipation and matching. This seminar focussed on exchanging experience among high level experts working at international level or key national organisations to develop common and complementary research strategies for skills anticipation and matching. The topics discussed in the seminar were:
- skills strategies: linking skills analysis to education and training provision;
- linking employment effects to skill needs;
- pulling together forces on international skills surveys, enterprise surveys and other data sources;
- short-term vs. long-term anticipation approaches – trade-offs and usefulness;
- reflection on mega and sectoral trends impacting on skill needs;
- development of international policy scenarios;
- migration, demographic changes and skills.
The participation in this seminar was restricted and requires an invitation from Cedefop.
The agenda and presentations are available below.