Our main story is on microcredentials, a new upskilling trend. We look at the interim findings of a Cedefop study on microcredentials for labour market education and training, and we pick the brains of two non-European experts on the subject.
Also, in this issue:
- University of Zurich Professor Philipp Gonon talks about vocational education and training and apprenticeships as tools for greenification of the economy;
- more on the topic from the discussions at the joint Cedefop/OECD symposium ‘Apprenticeships for greener economies and societies’;
- what the joint visit to Cedefop of European Commission Vice-President Margaritis Schinas and European Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights Nicolas Schmit means for the Agency’s role in the ‘skills revolution’;
- ‘Occupation in focus’ is construction workers who withstood relatively well the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic;
- the Member States page showcases apprentice mobility in France, the current EU Presidency holder;
- an article on skills-based mobility of refugees in Europe;
- a look at the new interactive Cedefop web portal.
You can also browse through the latest Cedefop publications and upcoming events.
Download the new issue here. Have a look at the previous issues.