Decision No 1714/2006/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 November 2006 establishing the Youth in Action programme for the period 2007 to 2013
The general objectives of the Programme shall be:
- to promote young people's active citizenship in general and their European citizenship in particular;
- to develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular in order to reinforce social cohesion in the EU;
- to foster mutual understanding between young people in different countries;
- to contribute to developing the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organisations in the youth field;
- to promote European cooperation in the youth field.
OJEU L 327 of 24.22.2006 p. 30