The conference entitled "Development of Competencies in the World of Work and Education" (DECOWE), will be held between 24-26 September 2009 at the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The following topics related to the identification, recognition, development and utilization of competences will be covered:
- Transition from education to labour market and early career;
- Innovative teaching and learning modes and curricula development;
- Competence development in work organisations and in relation to HRM and knowledge management;
- Frameworks and classifications of knowledge and qualifications, competence recognition including permeability between VET and HE;
- Skill measurement surveys and projects.
The main emphasis will be on key note presentations of the European Commission, OECD, REFLEX and HEGESCO projects, however also other participants researchers, HE administration and management staff, employers, policy makers and trade union staff.
Cedefop will be represented by Ms. Isabelle Le Mouillour on the issue of permeability between VET and Higher Education, and Mr. Jasper Van Loo on the issue of skill mismatch.