The International Abilympics Conference, Competitions for All, is to be held on 25-28 April 2010 in Oulu, Finland. The conference is organised by SkillsFinland and Luovi College in connection with Taitaja, the Finnish national skills competition, and will be held in English.
International Abilympics competitions – the “Olympics of Abilities” – are skills competitions for people with disabilities and special needs. The many benefits of vocational skills competitions are widely recognised. It is now time to transfer these experiences to Abilympics competitions. Thus, the aims of the conference are:
• to raise awareness of the importance of including people with disabilities and special needs in VET
• to develop Abilympics as a part of the family of skills competitions and to promote international and regional Abilympics
• to exchange good practices and experiences between WorldSkills, EuroSkills, International Abilympics and national skills competitions
• to chart interests and prospects for organising the 2015 International Abilympics in Europe
• to present the Finnish competition for students with special needs, TaitajaPLUS.
The conference principally addresses:
• European specialists of Skills and Abilympics competitions
• Experts on rehabilitation experts and on VET for special needs students.
• Experts of VET for students with disabilities and special needs
• Representatives of VET, administration, working life, social partners, and NGOs.
For more information, including the programme, price and registration form: http://skillsfinland.fi/en/abilympics-en/iaconference-en