Each Youthreach centre is responsible for developing programmes and courses that meet the needs of their particular learner group.
The curriculum includes 3 main elements:
- general education
- vocational training
- work experience
The curriculum’s framework is delivered through 2 main programmes:
- the Leaving Certificate Applied
- Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) accredited modules
The process used is both student-centred and student-led and the programmes reflect the students’ needs.
The Department for Education and Studies’ (stakeholder) guidelines drafted in 2010 specify a four-phase plan for students including:
- induction - needs are identified and a plan is laid out
- foundation - development of skills
- progression – emphasis on employability skills and work experience
- transitions - to progress onwards from the programme