According to the analysis of European Foundation for the Improvement of living and working condition about NEET phenomenon, good practices in policy design and implementation can be identified:
- Policy measures have to be diversified, tackling different issues along the pathway to employment and paying attention to vulnerable groups that are more likely to cumulate multiple disadvantages. In this regard the project will analyse different measures and systems in Europe, to provide tips and suggestions to policy makers, private and public stakeholders, in order to improve the VET&PA performances according to specific needs of target groups.
- Young people have to be set on a long-term, sustainable pathway. They need good-quality, stable and sustainable employment. This includes equipping them with qualifications needed for successful labour market integration. In this regard the project will pay particular attention to the career guidance services offered by Employment and Counselling centres, in order to avoid the skill mismatch, under the perspective of the right to a decent work for youth.
- The involvement of a range of stakeholders in the design and delivery of youth employment measures is essential. In this regard the project will involve many different private and public stakeholders and key actors at local and European level, representing the many perspectives playing a role in NEET phenomenon.
- Youth employment measures should be client-centred. This means catering for different pathways, for example, from mainstream learning to tailored, supported learning. In this regard a core aspect of the project is the strong involvement of NEET people in re-thinking and proposing new perspectives for measures, approaches and services targeted NEET people, according to their expectations and needs.
- Successful policies should be innovative. They should introduce new ways of reaching out to their target groups, with outreach activities forming an important part of efforts to engage disfranchised young people. In this regard this project intends taking into account good practices, successful experiences and innovative measures to define new and tailored polices at European and local level.