Our main story is on the European Year of Youth and includes an exclusive interview with European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, Mariya Gabriel, who coordinates its activities. Find out why there was a need for such an initiative in the first place, how young people can benefit and what Cedefop does to support the Year’s objectives.
Also, in this issue:
- an article on helping Ukraine refugees find jobs in the EU and on Cedefop’s pioneering work in the field;
- an article by Cedefop Deputy Director Mara Brugia on EU skills mismatch and the pandemic, where she argues that ‘Our approach should ensure that all people have opportunities for continuous skills development and job redesign’;
- an interview with award-winning inspirational educator Daniele Manni who ‘turns teens into start-uppers’, using innovative techniques to teach entrepreneurship;
- a look at sales workers, one of the occupations hit hardest by COVID-19, where over a million jobs were lost between 2019 and 2020;
- a presentation of new study-integrated training programmes in Germany.
You can also browse through the latest Cedefop publications and upcoming events.
Download the new issue here. Have a look at the previous issues.