Making a decision on providing de minimis support, the SEA provides the following financial support to the employer for carrying out the practical training:
1. Subsidies of the monthly wages to the unemployed person for full work time in proportion to the days worked during the month: €160 during the first two months of the period; €120 during the second two months of the period; €90 during the final two months of the period.
2. Subsidies for compulsory state social insurance payments from the subsidised part of the wage if the employer, who has signed a contract on implementation of Practical training, is a society or a foundation with a purpose to provide support to people with disabilities and employs the unemployed people in the following professions – assistant or companion to people with disabilities, hearing impaired translator, Latvian sign language interpreter, teacher of an interest group or specialised teacher for persons with disabilities. The total number of the unemployed participating in the practical training must not exceed 50% of the total number of people employed by the society or foundation.
3. Subsidy of monthly wage (equal to 50% of the minimum monthly wage established in Latvia) for the work supervisor working with the unemployed people undergoing the Practical training. One work supervisor may supervise the work of a maximum of two unemployed people.
4. Expenses for health examinations in accordance with laws and regulations on compulsory health examinations, not more than €28.46.
5. One time subsidy for personal protective equipment in accordance with laws and regulations at the beginning of work, not more than €50.
6. One time subsidy for adjusting workplaces for unemployed people with disabilities, not more than €711 per workplace.
The unemployed people have a possibility to receive financial compensation of up to €100 per month for regional mobility support, for covering the transport expenses from the declared place of residence to the location of Practical training in the employer’s facilities and back, or compensation for rent of living space or residence halls expenses in the following cases:
- The place of Practical training in the employer’s facilities is located at least 20 km from the declared place of residence.
- The unemployed person has been declared in the indicated place of residence for at least six months.
- The unemployed person sends a submission to the local office of the Agency.
Employer provides the unemployed person participating in Practical training with:
- A monthly wage that, along with the subsidy, constitutes the wage specified in the application, but not less than the amount of national minimum monthly wage.
- Mandatory State social insurance contributions.
- Acquisition of professional competence by organising the required theoretical and practical training and basic knowledge on the professional duties.
- Qualified work manager that assists the unemployed person in acquiring the professional abilities, skills and knowledge. A person is considered a qualified work manager if they have an education or more than two years of experience in the respective profession for which the training is organised.
- The ability to individually perform the professional duties and tasks, and after the completion of Practical training issues a written certification with a descriptive evaluation of the acquired professional abilities, skills and knowledge.