There are other forms of work-based learning in Malta that may be legally regulated in the same way as apprenticeships as per Cap. 576:
1. it takes place in tertiary education as well as in VET in teacher-training, healthcare sector, medicine, pharmacy, etc.;
Also, there are other forms of work-based learning in Malta that are not legally regulated in the same way as apprenticeships include:
1. non-apprenticeship VET courses students where students spend time at the workplace;
2. the Jobsplus offers work placements or traineeships to job seekers (to all unemployed, among them young people) to facilitate their transition into work;
3. Malta has a number of private VET providers where some of their courses also include work-based learning;
4. training opportunities for persons with disability are offered through the Lino Spiteri Foundation.