Apprentices do not receive reimbursement from participating companies.
The training contract sets the amounts of social support (allowance) to be awarded to the apprentice, if it is the case. It also sets apprentices rights for personal accident insurance, under the responsibility of the training provider. Social support may include:
- study support/material scholarship (bolsas para material de estudo) at the beginning of each training period, if learners are from disadvantaged families;
- professionalization scholarship (bolsa de profissionalização) payed monthly and equivalent to 10% of IAS (1)
- meals (subsídio de refeição);
- accommodation (alojamento);
- welcome for children if the learners are parents (acolhimento);
- transportation (transporte).
social support is funded by the Operational Programme for Human Capital (POCH, strand 3 – apprenticeship, LLL qualification and strengthening employability).
The value of the social support is based in the IAS index, updated annually (the indexing reference of social support (Indexante dos Apoios Sociais).
- Mapa Apoios Sociais anexo ao contrato de formação at https://www.iefp.pt/documents/10181/8441907/RE_APZ_2018_Parte_1_Anexo_1…;
- Indexante dos apoios sociais (IAS): Portaria (Ordinance) n.º 24/2019, de 17 de janeiro.
- Portaria (Ordinance) n.º 19/2018, de 17 de janeiro (the fourth modification to the Portaria n.º 60-A/2015, de 2de março; Apprenticeship programmes. 2018 IEFP regulation.