- Name of the instrument - Local language
- Cheques-formation (Wallonia)
- Name of the instrument - English translation
- Training voucher
- Type of instrument
- Grant for companies
- Type of entry
- Single instrument
- Short description
Companies located in the French-speaking Walloon Region may receive vouchers, co-funded by PES, for training their employees. A training voucher with a validity period of 1 year can be purchased for EUR 15 and is worth EUR 30 (including VAT). Depending on the size of the company, the number of training vouchers the company may obtain varies between 100 and 800. Training vouchers cannot be combined with other aid granted by the Walloon Region. Only the courses/programmes provided by accredited training institutions are eligible.
- Short description of the related instruments
- Level of operation
- Name of a part of the country
- Name of the region (for regional instruments)
- Name of the sector (for sectoral instruments)
- Key scheme
- Year of implementation
Regional Public Employment Service (PES) Wallonia: Le Forem
- Eligible group(s)
Workers bound to an employment contract, operating in businesses located in the French-speaking Walloon Region:
- affiliated primarily with the INASTI (L'Institut national d'assurances sociales pour travailleurs indépendants)
- the director, manager, partner assets and paid shareholder of a company;
- spouses assisting independent workers (enrolled in the INASTI)
- interim workers for the duration of their contract with the company or the independent worker.
- Group(s) with preferential treatment
- Education and training eligible
The cheques are spent on training programmes provided by all accredited training institutions
- Source of financing and collection mechanism
Regional authority (PES: Le Forem)
- Financing formula and allocation mechanisms
A voucher with a validity period of 1 year can be purchased for EUR 15 and is worth EUR 30 (including VAT). Depending on the size of the company, the number of training vouchers the company may obtain varies between 100 and 800 (self-employed: 100; 2 to 50 employees: 400;
51 to 100 employees: 600; 101 to 200 employees: 700; 201 to 250 employees: 800)
Training vouchers cannot be combined with other cost-sharing schemes.
Allocation: Company applies to Le Forem for X training vouchers in accordance with its size. Sodexo (private company) issues the vouchers to applicant companies with corresponding 50% of the value of vouchers allocated, financed by regional authorities through Le Forem.
- Eligible costs
Fees and other costs related to education and training
- Frequency of the use
- Volumes of funding
In 2008, EUR 82 305 496 were allocated to that scheme. This includes wage costs which were paid by companies and then repaid by the State. The costs for running training programmes are not included in this figure. In 2007 the budget was EUR 61 017 618.
- Beneficiaries/take up
The number of beneficiaries is not available for companies but for individuals. In 2008, this number was 76 114. Out of this, 26 201 were men and 26 201 were women. An age breakdown shows the following figures: 9 602 between 5 and 23 years, 24 938 between 24 and 34, 39 456 between 35 and 54, 3 211 55 years and older. For 2007, it was 68 133 beneficiaries, 46 017 men and 22 296 women. The age breakdown shos the following figures: 15 to 24 years 8 315, 24 to 34 22 504, 35 to 54 35 709 and 55 and older 1 798. Two-thirds are blue collar workers.
- Organisation responsible for monitoring/evaluation
- Monitoring/evaluation reports available
- Most relevant webpage - in English
- Most relevant webpage - local language