Impulse Qualification Network
- Name of the instrument - Local language
- Name of the instrument - English translation
- Impulse Qualification Network
- Reporting year
- Type of instrument
- Grant for companies
- Type of entry
- Single instrument
- Short description
Companies networks composed of at least three companies where at least 50% of them are SMEs can apply for the grant. Funding is provided for building and operating the confederation, identifying training needs and designing training plans, advising on the development of HRD programs, organising trainings, providing support during the application process, etc.
- Short description of the related instruments
- Level of operation
- Name of a part of the country
- Name of the region (for regional instruments)
- Name of the sector (for sectoral instruments)
- Key scheme
- Legal basis
Arbeitsmarktservicegesetz (act on public employment service).
- Objective(s) and target(s)
To exchange experience between companiesand increase their participation in/provision of training.
- Year of implementation
- Year of latest amendment
Public Employment Service (AMS) administers the scheme.
- Eligible group(s)
All employers; the built up confederations including at least three companies where at least 50% of participating companies are SMEs. SMEs are defined as employing less than 250 persons and have an annual turnover not exceeding EUR 50 million.
- Group(s) with preferential treatment
- Education and training eligible
Funding for the build and operation of the confederation, the composite of the confederation statutes to regulate the objectives of IQF, raises the educational needs and training plans created the confederation plants, advises on the development of human resources development programs, organises trainings, support during the application process, the conduction and settlement of qualification, support in the preparation and organization of the platform program.
- Source of financing and collection mechanism
State (Federal budget allocated to the Public Employment Service (AMS))
- Financing formula and allocation mechanisms
Companies apply to AMS for grant. The scheme funds basic costs for setting a qualifications network. The maximum duration of consultancy is ten days per company involved. The support services are funded by AMS entirely.
Companies receive funding in the form of advanced payment on first-come, first-served basis.
- Eligible costs
- Frequency of the use
- Volumes of funding
In 2011, the scheme´s volume was EUR 7 000 000.
- Beneficiaries/take up
In 2011, 1 300 companies participated in qualifications networks under this scheme.
- Organisation responsible for monitoring/evaluation
Public Employment Service Austria (AMS).
- Monitoring/evaluation reports available
- Most relevant webpage - in English
- Most relevant webpage - local language
- Recent changes
The scheme has been reformed with the new ESF-funding period (2014).