Skillsnet network welcomes researchers and experts active in early identification of skill needs and forecasting or in the transfer of research results on future skill requirements into policy and practice. Skillsnet members are involved in Cedefop activities related to identification of skill needs (forecasting, employer surveys, sectoral analysis) and receive privileged access to information.
Skillsnet is coordinated by Cedefop and was formally established in 2004. It brings together highly qualified researchers and other experts from across the world to present and discuss outcomes and methods of research and analysis on new and changing skill needs as well as medium to longer term prospects of skills available in the labour market.
The network provides a forum for generation of new activities and projects in the early identification of skill needs by bringing in a multidisciplinary cross country perspective. The outcomes of research are discussed with policy makers, practitioners, training organisations, employment services, social partners and others working on the identification of skill needs for their transfer into education and training policy and practice.
All members can benefit from systematic and privileged access to information and support one another in disseminating results of their activities. Registered Skillsnet members can access documentation concering the network and the skills forecasting project through the members area here.
Related projects and activities:
- Forecasting skill needs: Cedefop produces regular skill supply and demand forecasts for Europe and analyses the potential labour market imbalances.
- Employers’ surveys: Cedefop explores a common European approach to employers' surveys on skill and training needs, to identify and analyse skill, competence and training needs at the workplace.
- Green Skills: Cedefop investigates the impact environmental and climate change policy, low-carbon technologies and environmental awareness have on future skills within and across sectors.
- Skill needs in sectors: Cedefop also investigates skill and competence needs in selected sectors, to enrich knowledge on future skill needs in Europe by complementary qualitative and quantitative information.
- Analysing skill mismatch: Through theoretical and empirial research to provide policy makers with evidence and possible implications.
- Skills Panorama: is a central access point for data, information and intelligence on skill needs in occupations and sectors that provides a European perspective on trends in skill supply and demand and possible skill mismatches, while also giving access to national data and sources.
You can apply for membership online by selecting the choices under the Apply for Skillsnet membership section using the form found here