The IVET mobility scoreboard is a tool for monitoring developments in IVET mobility policies and the implementation of the 2011 Council recommendation 'Youth on the move' in European countries.
The scoreboard is a mechanism for assisting policy-making in international learning mobility.
To access the scoreboard database, click the database tab.
The database provides detailed country information on the conditions for IVET learner mobility in Europe: analysing weaknesses and shortcomings; identifying good practices; and suggesting reforms. It addresses 10 key action areas:
- information and guidance on opportunities;
- motivating learners for mobility;
- preparing learners for mobility;
- removing obstacles to mobility;
- portability of grants and loans;
- ensuring mobility quality;
- recognition of learning outcomes;
- support to disadvantaged learners;
- partnerships and funding;
- involving multipliers.
The scoreboard provides five categories of tool covering all 28 EU Member States plus Iceland and Norway:
- thematic maps depicting countries’ situations in key action areas;
- indicators measuring how far countries are from full implementation of the Youth on the move recommendation;
- overview tables synthesising EU average performance by key action area;
- scorecards showing country performance in key action areas;
- fiches presenting detailed country data and policy suggestions.
The mobility scoreboard for initial VET is produced within Cedefop’s department for VET systems and institutions (DSI). It is based on country information provided by ReferNet and validated by country representatives. The scoreboard was designed in cooperation with the European Commission (EMPL E3), EACEA/Eurydice, and the expert group on a mobility scoreboard for IVET. Cedefop has sole responsibility for the country information, data analysis, monitoring tools and policy suggestions presented. The analyses and policy suggestions are not intended to reflect the views of governments.
EU Legislation and Policy
- 2016 - EU 2016-2018 Work Plan for Youth
- Evaluation of the EU Youth Strategy and the Council recommendation on the mobility of young volunteers across the EU
- 2015 - EU Youth report
- 2011 - Council recommendation ‘Youth on the move’ promoting the learning mobility of young people
- 2010 - Youth on the move package
- Council conclusions on European researchers’ mobility and careers
- 2009 - Green Paper Promoting the learning mobility of young people
- Results of the consultation
- Impact Assessment
- 2008 - Council recommendation on the mobility of young volunteers across the European Union
- Council conclusions on youth mobility
- 2006 - European quality charter for mobility
- 2001 - Recommendation of the Parliament and of the Council on mobility for students, persons undergoing training, volunteers, teachers and trainers
- 2000 - Council Resolution concerning an action plan for mobility