The ‘Youth eAcademy’ is an independent way of learning that offers learners the opportunity to strengthen their digital skills. The courses last from two to 18 hours and are offered over the French e-learning platform ’Belearn’. Participants can follow training courses in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, etc., or broaden their knowledge on topics such as the cloud, data analysis, programming or cyber security.
Courses are available in French, English, German, Dutch and Spanish and for each course completed, participants receive an official certificate.
Overall, 600 free-of-charge licences are available granting access to the e-learning platform ‘Belearn’, which are issued on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. To be eligible to apply for one of them, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- be a registered jobseeker at ADEM;
- be below 30 years of age at the time of applying;
- have at least a secondary school leaving diploma;
- have the necessary technical equipment (personal computer) and internet connection, allowing them to be able to follow e-learning programmes individually;
- have basic digital skills, e.g. know how to use a computer and navigate on online platforms;
For certain courses, further prerequisites may be specified on the platform. Access to the platform remains valid until the end of February 2022 even if participants find a job in the meantime.