What is the situation of early leaving from education and training (ELET) in Europe? What policies are being implemented to address it? And how to ensure the success of these policies?
The seminar Un problema no resolt: com abordar l'abandonament escolar prematur? [An unresolved problem: how to address early school leaving?] (26 October 2016, Barcelona) is organised by the Fundació Jaume Bofill in cooperation with Cedefop will try to tackle these issues.
This event was organised within the framework of the project "International Perspectives on Education", composed of two seminars: a seminar by invitation only with around 40 high level policy makers followed by an open seminar in the afternoon where over 100 participants are expected.
Cedefop's Irene Psifidou will be the key note speaker of both events. She will present the latest findings of the Cedefop study on early school leaving published in autumn 2016 with a focus on:
- analysing and evaluating policies and measures to address early school leaving and training through a holistic perspective
- identifying good practices and developing tools to support policy making at national level and in the EU
Watch the outcomes of the event :
- An unsolved problem : How to adress early school leaving ? - By Irene Psifidou (EN)
- Un problema no resolt : com abordar l'abandonament escolar prematur ? - Irene Psifidou (ES)
- Un problema no resolt : com abordar l'abandonament escolar prematur ? - Presentació de l'informe Cedefop (ES)
- Com abordar l'abandonament escolar prematur? (el cas del País Basc) - Francisco Luna (ISEI-IVEI) (ES)
- Interview with Irene Psifidou: 'La decisió d’abandonar els estudis no es pren d’un dia per l’altre', Diari de l'Educació, 4th November 2016
Access the seminar through live streaming