The Symposium Vocational psychology and career guidance practice: an international partnership is organised by the University of Padova in collaboration with the International Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance (IAEVG), the Society for Vocational Psychology (SVP - an interest group of Division 17 of the APA, USA), and the National Career Development Association (NCDA, USA).
The symposium will bring together a limited group of academics and practitioners from all over the world for an exchange of ideas on the role of vocational psychology in career guidance. Scholars and professional practitioners who are among the leaders in academia, in professional organisations and public authorities are the prime targets for the setting up of the working groups.
Themes of the symposium
- Vocational psychology and new challenges
- Problems and needs for interdisciplinary interaction in vocational guidance
- Models for the analysis of individual and group needs
- Vocational guidance requirements within the international scene
- Procedures, suggestions and instruments for assessment
- Procedures, suggestions and instruments for intervention
- Procedures to verify the efficacy of vocational guidance programmes
- Training of researchers and practitioners