eKnowVET was Cedefop's database to structure and present information on vocational education and training (VET) systems in 27 countries in Europe (EU member states plus Iceland and Norway).
The database was organised around VET themes and contained three main information points:
- overviews of national VET systems (thematic overviews) were prepared and updated annually. They described the main features of the respective VET systems, using a common structure that allowed for a transnational extraction of information.
- detailed thematic analyses gave a more precise description of each theme for each country.
- comparative thematic analyses were being developed to present transnational comparative information on the different themes.
Information for each theme or sub-theme could be viewed by country or range of countries.
Most information was collected from Cedefop's network of nationally-based consortia (ReferNet). Other VET experts had also been involved in specific themes including, for the theme on guidance and counselling, experts on guidance contracted by Cedefop, OECD and the ETF.
Overviews of national VET systems
- 2005 national VET overviews (20 country files)
- 2006 national VET overviews (26 country files)
- 2007 national VET overviews (23 country files)
- 2008 national VET overviews (26 country files)
Detailed thematic analysis
- Institutional framework - provision of learning opportunities (11 country files)
- Initial vocational education and training (24 country files)
- Continuing education and training for adults (21 country files)
- Training VET teachers and trainers (no files available)
- Skills and competences development and innovative pedagogy (18 country files)
- Accumulating, transferring and validating learning (12 country files)
- Guidance and counselling for learning, career and employment (no files available)
- Financing - investment in human resources (12 country files)