This inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary conference aims to provide a vigorous forum for the examination and evaluation of higher education and the contexts where higher education is delivered.
The project is committed to the tradition of liberal education, the inherent value of the pursuit of learning and the principle that knowledge must be an end in itself. In particular, the project will explore the nature and aims of higher education, its guiding principles, its practical functions, and its role in society.
The main themes of the conference will be:
- The Nature and Purpose of Higher Education
- Virtual Learning and Higher Education
- Society, Culture and the of Places of Higher Education
- Democracy and Education
- Assessment, Audits, and Funding
- Intellectual Capital and Property
- Emerging Trends within Higher Education