This network also participates in the platform of European associations of VET providers created in 2015 by the European Commission's Directorate General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (DG EMPL), where, together with Cedefop and the European Training Foundation, work is underway to make policy more practice-based.
The community works on a voluntary basis and will serve as channel and locus for cooperation between Cedefop and VET providers. The platform's role will be to provide strategic guidance and feed into general Commission policy, while the community will aim to produce concrete practical guidance for practitioners, identify good practice and maximise use of European activities and results at grassroots level.
The community’s work will be essentially practice-oriented and draw upon VET-providers’ own experience. A work-programme has been agreed for 2017-20 with three axes:
- Learning providers and the challenge of technology enhanced learning (TEL): enhancing teachers’ and trainers’ e-skills;
- Learning providers and EU mobility: reinforcing learning attractiveness and employability;
- Learning providers and migration: empowerment and integration through learning.
EUproVET President René van Schalkwijk, EfVET Secretary Rasa Zygmantaite and EVBB General Secretary Horst Dreimann have accepted to ensure coordination of the work of the three thematic sub-groups respectively.
For more information please contact:
- Axe 1: EuproVET [at] ziggo.nl
- Axe 2: rasazyg [at] gmail.com
- Axe 3: horst.dreimann [at] evbb.eu
- Community in general: tina.bertzeletou [at] cedefop.europa.eu
- Commission official involved: anna.barbieri [at] ec.europa.eu