The objectives of the call for proposals are:
- to support trans-national cooperation in the development and implementation of coherent and comprehensive national lifelong learning strategies at both the national and regional level, covering all types and levels of learning,
- to support the identification of the main critical factors influencing the successful putting into place of national lifelong learning strategies,
- to exchange experiences and good practice and to jointly experiment, test and transfer innovation in relation to the development and implementation of lifelong learning strategies,
- to ensure strong institutional commitment, coordination and partnership with all stakeholders,
- to implement lifelong learning strategies to achieve efficiency and equity.
OJEU C 123, 30 May 2008, p. 35