Cedefop’s study ‘Leaving education early: putting vocational education and training centre stage’ aims to increase knowledge about:
- the learning pathways of young students
- the measurements of early leaving in vocational education and training (VET)
- the factors leading to early leaving, with particular attention on those associated specifically with early leaving from VET
- measures to tackle early leaving from education and training - with evidence of success
- the evaluation of VET measures to tackle early leaving
The study was published in 2016 in two volumes:
The methodology of the study included quantitative and qualitative analysis.
It involved 837 interviews with policy makers (national, regional and local), practitioners (school leaders, teachers, trainers, and other professionals), employers, and learners, from 16 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal and the United Kingdom.