Teams of vocational education and training (VET) learners from Lithuania and Ireland are the winners of this year’s #CedefopPhotoAward competition.
In total 140 teams consisting of 383 VET learners took part in the competition, representing VET providers from 20 EU Member States. The teams were asked to tell a story of their VET experience.
The entry from a group of learners at the Siauliai Vocational Training Centre in Lithuania won first prize – a trip to Brussels to receive their award at the European vocational skills week (#EUVocationalSkills) 2017 award ceremony on 24 November.
The second prize, a trip to Thessaloniki for the opening of the 58th Thessaloniki International Film Festival (#TIFF58) on 2 November, went to learners from the Tanagh Outdoor Education and Training Centre in Ireland.
Twenty entries made the shortlist and will be exhibited at the Thessaloniki International Film Festival (2-12 November) and in Brussels during the European vocational skills week (22-24 November).
A barber’s dream (TIME2CREATE team)
The story of Svajunas, a young man who gained a barber qualification and works for one of the most popular barber shops in Vilnius, was told by photography students Edita Aleksandravičienė and Irena Masandavičiūtė. The photographers say: ‘Svajunas’s choice to become a barber was unexpected: a man asked him to cut his hair, he tried and got inspired in the process. He then studied for three years, and now, still only 20, he already impresses, surprises and inspires with his ability.’
Our outdoor education (Tanagh Trainees 2016/17 team)
Tomás Mc Kenna, Adrian Callaghan and Ramada Diver depicted the experience of their training to become canoeing and kayaking instructors. They chose the winning images ‘to represent both the vibrant and challenging experiences that we all shared together; as a result, we all share a very strong bond.’
The runners-up list is made up of the following teams:
- HLUW Yspertal-Island from Höhere Lehranstalt für Umwelt und Wirtschaft (Austria)
- Media Fanatics from MCAST (Malta)
- LCFE 1 from Limerick College of Further Education (Ireland)
- Lemon from Srednja Škola Braća Radić (Croatia)
- OAED Lakkias from OAED Lakkias (Greece)
- Gimnazija Ljutomer from Gimnazija Ljutomer (Slovenia)
- Special Effects SVIE Iatriki Sxoli from IIEK SVIE (Greece)
- Objectiva Estudante from Centro de Emprego e Formação Profissional de Setúbal (Portugal)
- The Amazing Students from IES Gabriel Miró (Spain)
- South Swedish Bakers from Fria Läroverken Ystad (Sweden)
- Enaip NET from Centro di Formazione Professionale Enaip Veneto (Italy)
- M@Z from Centro de Emprego e Formação Profissional de Setúbal (Portugal)
- Start-up Scissors from IEK Dimitra (Greece)
- Kerry ETB Digital Media from Kerry ETB Training Centre (Ireland)
- Egalité Fraternité Liberté from Armor Formation (France)
- Water Tower Vukovar Pinokio from Wood-processing Technical School Vinkovci (Croatia)
- Carved Flowers from Virgil Madgearu Economic High School (Romania)
- Mechanical Birds from Kaunas Technical Vocational Education Centre (Lithuania)