VET in Europe is the most comprehensive information resource on vocational education and training (VET) systems in Europe. ReferNet, Cedefop’s European network, provides descriptions of national VET systems in the European Union, Norway and Iceland based on a common template designed by Cedefop.
European cooperation in VET (the Copenhagen process) considers the rich diversity of national systems and stakeholders in Member States, EFTA-EEA countries and candidate countries. It builds its success on a flexible approach for sharing experiences, working towards common goals and learning from best practices using the 'open method of coordination'.
Understanding national VET systems, their characteristics, developments and priorities is key for cooperation. With VET in Europe, Cedefop collects reviews and disseminates up-to-date comprehensive information on education and training systems through four main products:
- VET in Europe database- detailed descriptions of national VET systems
- Spotlights - concise descriptions of national VET systems
- Short descriptions of national VET systems prepared for the EU Presidency countries
- Videos about VET systems prepared for the EU Presidency countries
- National news on VET inform on latest developments in all EU member states, plus Iceland and Norway
Contact details: Cedefop VET Policies and Systems team