The European Parliament has just adopted two resolutions on the contribution to the Annual Growth Survey 2012 and on the employment and social aspects of it.
It agrees with the Commission's analysis that efforts at national and EU level should concentrate on the following five priorities:
- pursuing differentiated growth-friendly fiscal consolidation while ensuring economic recovery and job creation;
- ensuring long-term financing of the real economy;
- promoting sustainable growth through more competitiveness and investments;
- tackling unemployment and the social consequences of the crisis;
- modernising EU public administration and services of general interest;