Cedefop has invited its ReferNet partners to share their countries’ reaction to the coronavirus crisis, in terms of vocational education and training (VET) policies.
The pandemic has caused an unprecedented disruption to education processes and changed the education landscape overnight, requiring immediate reaction from education ministries, schools, teachers, learners and parents.
ReferNet is Cedefop’s European network of institutions tasked with providing information and updates on national VET systems and policies.
Contributions from ReferNet partners in response to Cedefop’s call will focus on policy responses including:
- decisions on, and organisation of, school closures;
- cooperation and role of VET stakeholders in addressing the crisis;
- organisation of the teaching and learning processes (guidelines, support and online resources for learners, teachers/trainers and parents);
- organisation of practical training in companies (apprenticeships and school-based programmes with a significant work-based learning component);
- decisions on final exams and assessment;
- reflection on the main challenges that have arisen and problems that have been highlighted.
Results will be published in the form of national news stories, and are expected to be available by end-June.
You can find a wealth of VET news and updates by Member States on Cedefop’s national news on VET pages.