The objective of the seminar is to provide a forum to discuss Individual learning accounts (ILAs), where not only the results of ongoing and completed work on financing CVET through ILA can be presented, but also suggestions for further research. The seminar will bring together some of the foremost experts in ILAs involved in research and policy, representing different perspectives and approaches.
This peer learning activity will discuss innovative and best-practice initiatives, identify keys to success, challenges, and will explore the conditions to expand ILA provision. Participants are invited to come with concrete examples and suggestions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of ILAs. The following themes will be considered:
- the role of public policies and public employment services in developing ILAs and linking them to career management and training,
- comparison of differences in managing and supervising ILAs in various countries and organisational forms (sectoral training funds, public authorities, non-governmental organisations etc.),
- lessons learned from the failure of ILA schemes,
- opportunities and challenges offered by the introduction of ILAs,
- the role of social partners in co-financing ILAs.