During the 2876th Council meeting in Luxembourg, 9-10 June 2008, the Council adopted conclusions on "anticipating and matching labour needs, with special emphasis on youth". Other political agreements were on: a package of two regulations on working time and temporary agency respectively; and on a decision on Guidelines for the Employment Policies of the Member States for 2008. It also reached general approaches on two draft regulations concerning the coordination of the social security systems.
The Council also adopted conclusions on:
- the Commission recommendation on enhanced administrative cooperation in the context of posting of workers in the framework of the provision of services;
- the implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action, with regard to indicators in respect of "the Girl Child" and "Women in political decision-making", respectively;
- the elimination of gender stereotypes in society;
- reducing the burden of cancer;
- antimicrobial resistance;
- implementation of the EU Health Strategy;
- information to patients on medicinal products.