Skillman is a worldwide network addressed to introduce skills, competences and innovative curricula for the advanced manufacturing sector within the VET pathways. The Skillman EU International Forum 2019 organised by Cedefop's VET toolkit Ambassador Giovanni Crisona will take place on the 10 and 11 of October 2019 in Florence, Italy.
Skillman.eu Network launches the 5th edition of the yearly SIF – Skillman.eu International Forum 2019 on “Curriculum design, Sectoral skills development and Ethical issues on Advanced Manufacturing sector” – October 10th and 11th 2019. In 2019, the International Forum 2019 (SIF 2019) will be hosted in Florence, Italy. The SIF 2019 explores the following four dimensions:
- Nature, Characteristics of The Skillman’s Cove;
- Good Practices in Transnational Mobility;
- Synergies and Collaboration for Ethics and Inclusion;
- Innovative Curriculum Design.
Cedefop's VET toolkit for tackling early leaving will be presented in an dedicated online workshop within the framework of the Skillman Forum.
The Session co-ordinators will be Dr Irene Psifidou, Cedefop Expert and Francesco Pisanu - Director Office for the Evaluation of Educational Policies Department of Education and Culture Province of Trento, Italy. The following speakers will provide constructive feedback on the usefulness of the VET toolkit:
- Julian Ng - Vice-President (Europe) for IVETA IVETA / Warnborough College,
- Viktor Miloshevski - Proposal writer and Project Manager Skillman.eu and
- Fadia Khraisat - EU DESK Responsible department Italian Chamber of Commerce in Spain.
The event will conclude with a Skillman policy paper with an opinion on the usefulness of the VET toolkit for tackling early leaving and its wide dissemination among VET providers and policy makers. Find more on the event page here and for more information on Cedefop's workshop here.