Evidence of effectiveness
Nearly 9,000 young people were newly included in the 'Career Start' Programme for the period 2003-2016, the majority of whom were under Component 1 - young university graduates up to 29 years of age. According to the Ex-post Assessment of the ALMPs Effect at Individual Level, carried out in 2015, the overall impact of the Programme is among the highest, compared to other ALMPs, implemented in Bulgaria, as 74.1% of all participants in the Programme stayed in employment. As already mentioned, the benefits were mostly for the Programme's Component 1 participants, i.e. young university graduates, while the benefits for Component 2 target group - young people with vocational education degree, were negligible. The participation in the programme substantially improved the employment prospects for young university graduates, as the level of employment sustainability among them is nearly 80%, whereas for the remaining 20%, the rate of long-term unemployment is nearly 0%.
Engagement of stakeholders
The Order of the Minister of Labour and Social Policy, issued on an annual basis, clearly describes the roles of all the stakeholders, involved in the implementation of the programme, namely: Ministry of Education and Science, National Employment Agency, Regional Employment Services Directorates, Labour Offices, Employment Committees, Regional and Municipal Administrations, etc.