- Name of the instrument - Local language
- Mokymosi atostogos
- Name of the instrument - English translation
- Training leave
- Reporting year
- Type of instrument
- Training leave
- Type of entry
- Single instrument
- Short description
Employees sent for training by employer or taking admission exam to higher education institution are entitled to (at least) average salary. If employee participates in training at his/her own initiative, the financial contributions of employer and employee depend on collective or individual agreement.
- Short description of the related instruments
- Level of operation
- Name of a part of the country
- Name of the region (for regional instruments)
- Name of the sector (for sectoral instruments)
- Key scheme
- Legal basis
Lithuanian Labour Code (of 4 June 2002) , paragraph 181
- Objective(s) and target(s)
To enhance and promote formal and non-formal education and training of employees.
- Year of implementation
- Year of latest amendment
National regulation; possible further agreements through collective or company/individual-level agreements.
Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour together with the national labour inspection is responsible for the supervision of the implementation of the norms and stipulations foreseen in the Lithuanian Labour Code.
- Eligible group(s)
All employees in public and private sectors.
- Group(s) with preferential treatment
- Education and training eligible
Any type of education and training
- Source of financing and collection mechanism
- Financing formula and allocation mechanisms
Employer must pay at least an average salary if the employee is sent by the employer to train, or to take admission examination to higher education institutions. If employee takes training on her/his own initiative, the financial contributions of employer and employee depend on collective or individual agreements. Leave for firm-specific training must be paid (employer pays salary); in case of other types of education and training, the coverage of the costs depends on individual or collective agreement.
Training leave duration: as stated in the law, 30 days are foreseen for preparation of final dissertation in higher education. Collective agreements may define a longer period.
- Volumes of funding
- Beneficiaries/take up
- Organisation responsible for monitoring/evaluation
Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Most relevant webpage - in English
- Most relevant webpage - local language
Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour of the Republic of Lithuania, http://www.socmin.lt