Tax allowance for training and re-qualification of employees, and own training facilities
- Name of the instrument - Local language
- Daňové výdavky na vzdelávanie a rekvalifikáciu zamestnancou, vlastné vzdelávacie zariadenia
- Name of the instrument - English translation
- Tax allowance for training and re-qualification of employees, and own training facilities
- Type of instrument
- Tax incentive for companies
- Type of entry
- Single instrument
- Short description
Companies can deduct the costs of education and retraining of their employees from their taxable profits.
- Short description of the related instruments
- Level of operation
- Name of a part of the country
- Name of the region (for regional instruments)
- Name of the sector (for sectoral instruments)
- Key scheme
- Legal basis
Income tax act; no. 595/2003, Paragraph 19 Tax Expenses
- Objective(s) and target(s)
Legal act (Income tax Act) does not stipulate objective of the incentive, it merely stipulates the type and conditions.
Rationale of introducing the instrument: to support company-driven adult education and professionalisation of workforce.
- Year of implementation
- Eligible group(s)
- Group(s) with preferential treatment
- Education and training eligible
Education and training related to the requirements of the employer / relevant for the job activities of employee.
- Source of financing and collection mechanism
State (loss of tax revenue)
- Financing formula and allocation mechanisms
Reduction of tax base. No maximum amount of deduction set.
- Eligible costs
Fees (covered up to 100%) and other costs related to education and training (accommodation, travel and meal costs)
- Frequency of the use
- Volumes of funding
- Beneficiaries/take up
- Organisation responsible for monitoring/evaluation
Ministry of Finance.
- Monitoring/evaluation reports available
- Most relevant webpage - in English
- Most relevant webpage - local language