Strategic transformation support
- Name of the instrument - Local language
- Strategisch transformatie steun
- Name of the instrument - English translation
- Strategic transformation support
- Type of instrument
- Grant for companies
- Type of entry
- Single instrument
- Short description
All companies are eligible to receive public grant, but they need to present (either as a single company or in cooperation with others) a large-scale development plan. Education and training related to such development plan are elgible for funding. Training projects need to have a minimum value ranging from EUR 100 000 to EUR 700 000 depending on the type of company or network of companies. Co-funding is between 20% and 25% of eligible costs.
- Short description of the related instruments
- Level of operation
- Name of a part of the country
- Name of the region (for regional instruments)
- Name of the sector (for sectoral instruments)
- Key scheme
- Legal basis
Ministerial Degree for the Flemish Region
- Objective(s) and target(s)
To support regional economic growth
- Year of implementation
Enterprise Flanders (public agency)
- Eligible group(s)
All companies are eligible, but they need to hand in a development project, either as a single company or in cooperation with others.
- Group(s) with preferential treatment
- Education and training eligible
Education and training related to a companies (or group of companies') large-scale transformation plan. Personnel costs of educators, travel expenses of educators or learners, other costs for materials, etc., depreciation of equipment, costs for advice and support, personnel costs of learners.
- Source of financing and collection mechanism
Public funding/European regional funding
- Financing formula and allocation mechanisms
A company or companies may receive support equivalent to 20% of education and training costs
The overall education and training costs over a 3 year period must at least amount to:
- EUR 100 000 for an individual small size enterprise
- EUR 200 000 for an individual medium size enterprise
- EUR 300 000 for an individual large enterprise
- EUR 300 000 per project for a collaboration of small enterprises (minimum EUR 50 000 per enterprise)
- EUR 400 000 per project for a collaboration of which at least one medium-size enterprise (minimum EUR 50 000 per enterprise)
- EUR 700 000 per project for a collaboration of which at least one large enterprise (minimum EUR 50 000 per enterprise)
In addition to the 20% support, 5 additional percent will be provided if sustainable employment growth agreed with Enterprise Flanders at the outset of the project has been realised.
Allocation of funds (directly to company):
- 30% payment by no earlier than 30 days following the decision to grant the subsidy, and provided the project was started
- 30% payment by no earlier than 30 days following the decision to grant the subsidy, and provided 60% of the project has been completed.
Those companies' training plans are funded that meet predefined (through top-down procedures) criteria best.
- Eligible costs
Fees and other costs related to education and training (such as personnel costs of instructors or learners, travel expenses of instructors or learners, costs of materials, depreciation of equipment, costs of advice and support)
- Volumes of funding
Under very similar predecessor scheme EUR 26 million were spent for funding via this scheme in 2013.
- Beneficiaries/take up
No figures are available on companies. Under a very similar predecessor scheme 16 812 individuals were funded for their training activities in 2013.
- Organisation responsible for monitoring/evaluation
Enterprise Flanders (public agency).
- Monitoring/evaluation reports available
- Most relevant webpage - in English
- Most relevant webpage - local language
Website of Enterprise Flanders: http://www.agentschapondernemen.be/artikel/welke-uitgaven-komen-aanmerk…
2013 Annual Review of Enterprise Flanders: http://www.agentschapondernemen.be/sites/default/files/jaarverslag_2013…