Co-financing incentives for employers to provide practical training with work on the basis of the educational programmes leading to a qualification.“From faculty to practice – Promoting the acquisition of first work experience for young people
- Name of the instrument - Local language
- Iz faksa takoj praksa'. Sofinanciranje spodbud delodajalcem za izvajanje praktičnega usposabljanja z delom po izobraževalnih programih za pridobitev izobrazbe
- Name of the instrument - English translation
- Co-financing incentives for employers to provide practical training with work on the basis of the educational programmes leading to a qualification.“From faculty to practice – Promoting the acquisition of first work experience for young people
- Type of instrument
- Grant for companies
- Type of entry
- Single instrument
- Short description
Companies willing to employ young graduates under 30 years old who are registered as unemployed can apply for the grant. The programme aims to link education and the labour market needs by promoting the acquisition of first work experience for young people with tertiary education through training targeting a specific position of employment. Company may receive a maximum of EUR 6 000 per trainee per year. Company is obliged to sign employment contract for at least 12 months/full time (40 hour/week) during which should provide systemic training to young person.
- Short description of the related instruments
- Level of operation
- Name of a part of the country
- Name of the region (for regional instruments)
- Name of the sector (for sectoral instruments)
- Key scheme
- Legal basis
Labour Market Regulation Act
- Objective(s) and target(s)
To provide framework and encourage employers to provide practical training with work to young persons on the basis of the new educational programmes where the number of hours for such training with work has been increased.
Target: To bring 820 young persons/graduates per year into employment.
- Year of implementation
- Year of termination
Employment Service of Slovenia
- Eligible group(s)
Young graduates who have acquired a tertiary level of education, under 30 years old, who are registered as unemployed.
- Group(s) with preferential treatment
- Education and training eligible
The programme target group are young people not in employment, who have acquired a tertiary level of education, aged up to and including 29, listed in the unemployment register, who are first-time job seekers to be employed by private sector employees on the basis of a public invitation. The programme covers the mandatory systematic training which the employer should provide to the employee during the 12-month employment period.
- Source of financing and collection mechanism
European Social Fund (85% of public funding)
State budget (15% of public funding)
- Financing formula and allocation mechanisms
Co-financing of scholarships to employers of 50% of the awarded scholarship to a maximum of 30% of the minimum wage (in case of shortage occupations may be higher financing rate) from school or academic year 2014/2015 onwards until the completion of the education program scholarship.
Maximum funding for one trainee is EUR 6 000 per year/per company.
Allocation: via public invitation to tender, on first-come first-served basis, reimbursement.
- Eligible costs
Fees and other costs related to training
- Volumes of funding
The value of the programme amounts to EUR 5 000 000 of which the European Social Fund contribution amounts to 85% of the abovementioned value, i.e.EUR 4 250 000.
- Monitoring/evaluation reports available
- Most relevant webpage - in English
- Most relevant webpage - local language