A Europe-wide toolkit inspired by successful VET practices in helping young people to attain at least an upper secondary qualification.
The toolkit provides practical guidance, tips, good practices and tools drawn from VET to feed into activities and policies aiming at:
- helping young people at risk of becoming early leavers to remain in education and training and qualify;
- helping early leavers to reintegrate into education or training and the labour market.
Policy-makers and practitioners, working in a ministry, VET school, company, guidance centre, public employment service, social service, or youth organisation, can benefit from the toolkit by finding ways to:
- identify and monitor early leavers and learners at risk of leaving education early;
- intervene to retain them in, or bring them back to, education or training;
- evaluate related measures undertaken within a country, region or institution.
What’s inside the toolkit:
- 2 reflection tools, for policy makers and learning providers;
- 2 evaluation plans, for policy makers and learning providers;
- 15 intervention approaches addressing the 8 most common profiles of early leavers;
- 10 protective factors;
- 50+ actively contributing toolkit “ambassadors” from 18 countries.
- 150+ resources of best practices, publications, tools, statistics and quick wins;
In May 2019, Cedefop released the new version of the toolkit. You can visit it at: http://www.cedefop.europa.eu/en/toolkits/vet-toolkit-tackling-early-leaving