Cedefop’s ‘Research Support Centre’ activity is set up to respond to the information needs of the Centre’s core business activities. It contributes to Cedefop’s target of being acknowledged as an authoritative source of information on VET, skills and competences and ensures that all projects receive relevant and reliable information.
Cedefop’s bibliographical database VET-Bib offers to stakeholders a selective collection of European vocational education and training literature.
It is developed together with Cedefop’s decentralised network ReferNet – European network of reference and expertise, which comprises representatives from the 28 Member States, candidate countries, plus Iceland and Norway.
It includes also key EU documents consulted and needed by Cedefop experts and projects and selected bibliographical information from Cedefop’ projects.
To explore scientific information and open access journals from major sources, selected by Cedefop.
Online VET bibliographies
Thematic VET bibliographies provide access to documents on key VET topics such as skill needs, lifelong learning, guidance, qualifications and much more, in line with Cedefop's work programme.
The main source is our bibliographic database VET-Bib, a tool built for supporting evidenced based policy making in the field of VET in Europe.
Α. Project related bibliographies
- eKnowVET (2005-2010) - VET systems in the EU
- Europass bibliography (2012-)
- ReferNet contributions
- Skills Panorama bibliography (2010-)
B. Thematic bibliographies
- Labour market integration of migrants bibliography (2014-)
- Lifelong learning and vocational guidance bibliography (2010-)
- Apprenticeships in work based learning bibliography (2010-)
- Matching skills and jobs bibliography
- People and skills bibliography
C. Sector related bibliographies
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing bibliography
- Electricity industry bibliography
- Manufacturing industry bibliography
- Construction industry bibliography
- Business services bibliography
- Financial services bibliography
- Arts bibliography
- Information and communication bibliography
- Wholesale trade bibliography
- Transport bibliography
- Education bibliography
- Social work bibliography
- Public administration bibliography
- Social security bibliography
- Social work bibliography
- Health bibliography
Researchers may be interested in the archives of Cedefop. They are deposited with the European University Institute in Florence and include the documents produced by the Head of Administration and Management Board the years 1975 to 1984. For more information on the Cedefop collection, please see the European University Institute.