The Council has adopted the Resolution on better integrating lifelong guidance into lifelong learning strategies.
Four priorities areas have been identified:
- Encourage the lifelong acquisition of career management skills;
- Facilitate access by all citizens to guidance services;
- Develop quality assurance in guidance provision;
- Encourage coordination and cooperation among the various national, regional and local stakeholders.
- to strengthen European cooperation on lifelong guidance provision, through the ELGPN, with the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme, and in liaison with Cedefop.
- Developing tools for the forward-planning of jobs and skills, building on both national resources and on the Union's common resources, in particular Cedefop