An annual conference and exhibition focusing on the major social and economic issues surrounding employment and creating an effective discussion and meeting forum.
The 2011 conference will look at the labour market in the light of the significant changes that have taken place over the past few years to the global economy. Despite the often gloomy outlook, there are reasons for optimism, and many examples of excellent practice in some of our major organisations which can only have a beneficial effect on employment levels.
Key issues to be discussed over the 2 days:
- Youth employment
- The Agenda for new skills and jobs
- The importance of SMEs in the labour market
- Opportunities for the ageing population
- Using employment as a route out of poverty
- Structural reform
- Flexicurity – a new momentum
- Innovation Union
Cedefop expert Steve Bainbridge will give a presentation on "The European year of Active Ageing and lifelong learning".