Cedefop’s seminar ‘Making excellence inclusive: towards a new Cedefop survey of VET teachers and trainers’ will take place on Friday 3 April 2020 in Brussels. The event will be hosted by the Lifelong Learning Platform at its headquarters (Rue de l'Industrie 10, 1000 Brussels).
Participants will include European Brussels-based policy-makers, social partners, and invited experts in professional development of VET teachers and trainers, survey design and implementation, and use of survey results to inform decision-making.
The purpose of the seminar is to explore avenues for Cedefop to monitor the situation of VET teachers and trainers, as well as the learning conditions for pupils, and reflect on the added value, scope and methodology of a Cedefop-led European survey of these groups.
The seminar aims to:
- reflect on the added value of a new survey on VET principals, teachers, trainers and learners;
- identify potential synergies with existing surveys for teachers and trainers and establish collaboration mechanisms with the entities in charge of such initiatives;
- collect lessons learnt in the design and implementation of VET teacher/trainer surveys at international/European levels;
- collect informed views on what the scope and methodology of the new survey should be.
In the morning session, participants will discuss existing research and data gaps, as well as challenges that VET teaches and trainers face in:
- supporting marginalised learners (socio-economically, ethnic minority groups and migrants) and creating inclusive learning and working environments;
- working in digital environments and making use of artificial intelligence in teaching, learning and assessment processes.
A panel of European Brussels-based policy-makers and social partners will discuss and conclude with policy priorities.
The afternoon session will focus on technical issues, such as methodological and practical implementation aspects of the new survey.
The conclusions of this seminar will support and feed into the preparation of a new Cedefop survey on VET teachers and trainers.