Six Papers have been prepared for the UK Presidency, by leading figures and authors in their fields, with a view to stimulating further discussion.
Discussion paper prepared for the UK Presidency October 2005 by Luc Soete, United Nations University, Maastricht
If there is one policy slogan that would be appropriate in describing the challenge the European Union currently faces it is the need for policies activating knowledge.
Other papers are:
- Securing supplies and meeting the challenge of climate change
- The caring dimension of Europe: How to make it more visible and more vigorous
- Why we need a Globalisation Adjustment Fund
- Why the Scandinavian experience is relevant for the reform of ESM
- A flexible framework for a plural Europe