For over a decade, Cedefop has actively supported the Commission, Member States and social partners in developing and adopting European tools for transparency, recognition and quality in education and training. Responses to the recent consultation on the establishment of a European area of skills and qualifications (European Commission, 2014) suggested that all stakeholders should confirm their commitment to the process, and evaluate the best way to further develop and apply the tools. Building on experiences gained across Europe, this conference will encourage reflection on the conditions to achieve these goals.
Cedefop’s targeted research in 2014 suggested five key questions for the conference to address.
- How can learning outcomes be applied consistently across countries and sectors?
- What should be done to increase the relevance of European tools for individual learners and citizens?
- How can the application of credit and validation arrangements enable transfer and accumulation of learning across national and institutional borders?
- Do we need a common quality assurance framework across countries and sub-sectors of education and training?
- What must be done to increase the relevance of European tools on the labour market?
To answer these questions, participants will debate the strengths and weaknesses of existing initiatives, but also discuss how to step up work in this area.
Twitter posts: #EuVETtools